Inside Sales – Grand Rapids, MI
- Primary point of contact for assigned customers and provide backup for team members.
- Must maintain constant line of communication with customer base to develop and strengthen relationships.
- Develop production and market knowledge to project expertise in the industry.
- Scrutinize incoming PO’s and customer requests to accurately enter orders and necessary changes into operating system. Continually update customer with all open or outstanding needs.
- Coordinate production capabilities, inventory availability and due dates by working closely with Production Planning, Purchasing and Transportation departments.
- Assists the Accounting and Quality departments on any new customers, discrepancies involving existing accounts, pricing and defective material issues.
- Maintains and develops spreadsheets as needed for inventory control and other programs that require monitoring.
- Must be available after hours for customer care as well as assisting plant staff and Outside Sales.
- Required to travel with Outside Sales Representative to customer locations on occasion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associates degree or equivalent experience; 6 months or more of sales and/or steel experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel / Operating systems
- Excellent communication and customer service