- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, Virtual Servers, VPN gateways, WLN gateways and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, virtual servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintains Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Ensures data protection through timely backups and restores following company policy and procedure.
- Maintains historical records by documenting revisions and maintaining Help Desk software.
- Assists IT Director with Disaster Recovery design, testing and implementation.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as assigned.