Banding Line Operator – Decatur, AL
POSITION SUMMARY: Click here for example video
The banding line operator is responsible for the correct packaging of all coils that are processed by all slitters on the banding line.
- Complies with all attendance, safety rules for personnel and facility protection as defined in the Employee handbook.
- Follows packaging schedule as directed by supervisor.
- Operates the automatic banders.
- Directs associated support personnel.
- Train line helpers on equipment operation for their assigned functions on the automated banding line.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees are standing/walking 100% of time; lifting up to 50 lb. as needed; reading charts, tags and written procedures; printing or writing legibly to complete all required paperwork; and measuring material as required.
METHODS, TECHNIQUES, PROCEDURES:
Follows all safety rules as defined in the Employee Handbook.
Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions as outlined in the Training Matrix.
EQUIPMENT, AIDS, TOOLS: This person must be able to qualify for a hi-lo license; to use a tape measure, a band breaker, pneumatic bander/crimper, hand bander, hand cutters, staple gun, electric shears and nibblers; to operate jib crane, ID/OD calculator wheel; and run computer tag program.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This work site is in the plant. The plant is on one level, accessible directly from the parking lot. There are stairs in the rail pit and up to the slitter platforms. There are short ladders on the banding lines to climb from the floor to the conveyor. There are seasonal variations in temperatures from 60 to 95+ degrees; some exposure to diesel fumes as trucks move through the plant; noise level varies depending on number of machines in operation. Potential hazards include strains, cuts, and crush injuries.Apply