Slitter Operator (1st & 2nd Shifts) – Grand Rapids MI
This position leads the slitter crew and is responsible for processing, in-process inspection, directing support personnel, and coordinating requirements with plant management.
- Operates steel slitting line.
- Follows the machine orders per production schedule.
- Provides steel samples as needed.
- Responsible for the performance of all assigned administrative functions.
- Trains slitter helper/slitter set up person to function as an operator.
- Complies with all safety rules for personnel and facility protection as defined in the Plant Employees Manual.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees are standing/walking 100% of time; climbs stairs to operator’s stand as needed; lifting up to 50 lbs. as needed; reading charts, tags and written procedures; printing or writing legibly to complete all required paperwork; measuring material as required.
METHODS, TECHNIQUES, PROCEDURES: Follows Standard Operating Procedures as outlined in the Training Matrix.
EQUIPMENT, AIDS, TOOLS: This person must be able to operates Slitters, use a band breaker, pneumatic bander/crimper, hand bander, hand cutters, staple gun, electric shears and nibblers. Jib crane, micrometer, calipers, pneumatic impact wrench, tape measure, calculator, ID/OD calculator wheel, Rockwell machine.